Our tech support is always in place to help you get the best experience with Remotix. If you believe that you found a bug, contact us at email@example.com.
How to make your bug report as informative as possible
First, make sure that you are running the latest versions of Remotix and Remotix Agent if possible.
Second, please describe what you did, what happened, and what you had expected instead.
Third, please include the following in your mail:
- Your local and remote OS versions,
- Connection type (NEAR, VNC, or RDP),
- Version numbers of Remotix and Remotix Agent.
If your question relates to the connection speed, please add information about:
- Your geographic location,
- Network type and bandwidth,
- Information from the Connection Info window (available from the Remotix Viewer toolbar).
If you have a question about typing or modifier-related issues, please also mention:
- Which keyboard mode is chosen (Smart or Raw)
- Does changing the keyboard mode help?
- Please also check the modifier mappings in Remotix Preferences. Note that settings are different for each type of connection: e.g., you need settings for Mac (NEAR) if you were connecting to a Mac with NEAR and Mac (Screen Sharing) if you were connecting with VNC.
Please also include the application logs in the report if possible: Remotix logs from the local machine and Remotix Agent logs from the remote one.
How to include logs in the report
All Remotix desktop apps have a built-in debug mode that allows collecting logs.
Remotix Agent logs
Remotix Agent logs may be found at the following locations:
/Library/Logs/com.nulana.rxagentmac(service daemon logs)
~/Library/Logs/com.nulana.rxagentmac (agent GUI and RC logs)
\Logssubfolder in the Remotix Agent installation folder (service daemon and RC logs)
%APPDATA%\Remotix Agent(GUI logs)
If you found a bug and need to launch Remotix in verbose mode to share the logs with us, here is the how-to. Note that you need Remotix 6 and higher to get the client app logs.
Note that Remotix writes non-debug logs by default so it is required to make them verbose before you reproduce the issue. To do so:
- Go to Remotix Preferences > General,
- Enable the Write verbose logs option,
- Reproduce the issue,
- Go to the Preferences > General again,
- Click Open logs folder button to find the logs,
- Send us the latest logs.