5 tips from our support team leader
Contacting support is like visiting a doctor, the better you describe your symptoms, the more accurate the diagnosis will be and the more effective treatment you will get. Anna, the head of our support service, told us how to get help efficiently, quickly, and with fewer additional questions.
- Describe in as much detail as possible what, where, and how went wrong: what you were doing, what you expected, and what you got instead.
We almost always need to know:
- what OS is installed on your local computer, and what on a remote one;
- connection protocol;
- Remotix version.
If the connection goes via Remotix agent, please provide its version. If you use a third-party VNC or RDP server, tell us its version, too.
2. If the question is about payment/license, please provide the email address used for the purchase
This will speed up the information search on your problem. We always do our best, but regardless, knowing the exact address is better.
3. If you know a 100% way to reproduce the problem, please let us know.
Sometimes we get questions like:
“The VNC connection from my TV to Palantír drops off whenever I ride a five-legged unicorn. The error never replicates under any other conditions (including riding a six-legged unicorn or a gigantic hamster, or if I don’t ride it but milk it, or if I try to connect to a normal PC rather than Palantír)”.
Then we are certainly amazed at how diverse the world and situations of our users are, but we can help much faster and more efficiently.
In general, the more information you provide, the fewer counter questions you get, and the easier it is to understand your problem.
4. If the problem is not replicable, but it is possible to send logs - send logs.
Or screenshots. Or session recording. By the way, logs won't go amiss for any type of problem. We even made detailed instructions on what logs are and where to get them. You can find them here
5. We respond to a query as soon as possible. If you did not receive a response within 48 hours, do not hesitate to follow up. It is important to remember that there are issues that are resolved not only by the support team but the developers as well. We are, indeed, alive, our circumstances could be different, but every user is important to us.
These tips will be useful not only for Remotix users but will also facilitate communication with almost any IT support and help to make your favorite software better and more convenient.